Saturday 4 April 2009

Another contribution from Malcolm (shock horror)

I sent out quite a lot of begging letters asking for sponsorship, and the response has been brilliant. Most of the respondents expressed similar sentiments - basically "you must be bonkers", but the following is the current favourite for literary content: - 



Dear Malcolm, 

Until now, I had considered solicitors were of superiror intellect to the average mortal like myself and were to be admired for the intelligent manner in which they interpreted the rigours of daily life. However your letter of 19th March 2009 informing me of your decision to run not only from Lands End to John O'Groats, but also to take "the scenic route" in the process has categorically dispelled any illusions I may have had regarding the sanity of the profession.

Consquently I have to enclose my cheque for £** to assist you on the road to recovery from the mental and physical traumas from which you are and will be suffering.

Yours in sympathy...





1 comment:

jess said...

It's not so much that the two of you are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, it's just that you have rather interesting choice in sandwich fillings perhaps??!

Jxxx