Sunday 22 March 2009

"good training weekend"

Good weekends training in the bag! Confidence seems to have joined me again and can I just say "thank goodness for that". Last week was really tough, I think looking back on it now it was almost inevitable that at some point I'd hit a low, being realistic I feel it's part of the process of such a big project, hope I've been there and got the T-Shirt now!
Mothers day was a relaxing trot up and down hills on the Long Mynd, it was glorious. Malcolm and I both agreed that scenery like this is the reason we both love our "off road" running. One slight technical hitch occurred as Jessica and Charles appeared to have trouble locating me with their breakfast tray of steaming hot tea and toast!
You'll be pleased to know that Malcolm will be joining me on the blog any day now, so watch this space!
See you soon, love Aly x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! 17 days to go before I set off with Aly and Malcolm for Lands End. Aly recently sent Malcolm a text message to the effect that Plan A was not to panic. He sent back saying "Plan B - panic". I know what he means and I'm only doing the first 5 miles with them. My real panic is the thought of running (I actually nearly put ruining?)the house for 7 weeks, but at least I have Charles to help me. (O.M.G!) Seriously though, I'm really exited about the whole project and I can testify to all the work they have both put into the planning over the past 8 months or more. I know they will do it and have some great experiences to report on as they go, especially if they can get on-line at some of their accommodations. So proud of you Aly, you're simply the Best!
Chris.

jess said...

Don't worry Dad I'llbe on hand to help youruin (?!) the house too!

Mum - so proud as always and just wish I could be at Lands End with you to see you off (and run a few miles)

Lots of love Jxxx (To you too Malc!)